TADW have completed the refurbishment of 2 of Eastland Homes Sheltered Housing Schemes to a decent homes standard after major investment.
Thomas Regan Court and Patrick Roddy Court in Gorton, contain 60 flats and the works included
- Full redesigning and refurbishment of flats, with options for the tenants in terms of layout and finish.
- Refurbished and increased communal and ancillary areas
- Providing better access to all areas
- Improving security and integrating modern warden call systems
- Improvement of ventilation, lighting and natural daylight
- Upgrading of heating system including renewables
- Making the buildings more welcoming and homely
- New roofs, external cladding and signage
- External works including all areas landscaped and accessible for residents and their families/ carers/ support workers.
The success of these projects have led to planning approvals of 2 further sheltered housing schemes, with works scheduled to commence in Early 2015.